Do you live in suburban Cook County and need help paying your rent?
The Cook County COVID-19 Recovery Emergency Rental Assistance Program is now accepting applications.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Live in suburban Cook County and rent their home (landlords may apply on behalf of eligible tenants)
- Lack access to other support (e.g., don’t live in public housing or receive rental assistance from other programs during the same time period)
- Have proof of financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic*
- Have a household annual income at or below these requirements:
*Examples of COVID-19 related hardships:
- Financial hardships related to COVID-19 include:
- Losing your income
- Working fewer hours
- Being furloughed
- Quitting your job because you are at high risk for COVID-19 and need to self-isolate
- Losing work to stay home to care for a child
For more information or to apply, please visit https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service/covid-19-recovery-rental-assistance-program
The last day to apply is April 2, 2021.