Status: Non-exempt, paid hourly
Hours: Monday-Friday: 08:30-4:30 pm
Reports To: Township Administrator
Location: Northfield Township Government Office, 2550 Waukegan Road, Suite 100, Glenview, IL 60025
The receptionist is the first point of contact for individuals visiting the Northfield Township Government Office while also supporting staff in all departments. The ideal candidate would possess outstanding customer service, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to relate and connect with others effectively and perform general administrative duties in a team environment while focusing on providing exceptional service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
General Office Duties:
- Develop a general knowledge of ALL Township services
- Open the office and set up for the day
- Greet all visitors to the Northfield Township Government Office and Food Pantry
- Answer all phones calls and direct calls to the appropriate department or agency
- Monitor and respond to the Township’s general email inbox, voicemail and website submissions
- Back up the Pantry Administrative Assistant when needed
- Provide Illinois Notary services
- Provide Voter registration services
- Maintain public bulletin board and agency resource documents
- Work with Township Clerk on record retention
- Cross train in all areas, provide training to others as needed
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service, in-person, over the phone and via email
- Ability to converse knowledgeably and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to operate in a team setting with a positive and energetic attitude
- Possess general office skills, ability to establish and meet office production goals and effectively utilize time with minimal oversight
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree and
- Three years of work experience in customer service or general office administration
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and data entry
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a large percentage of the day
- Occasionally move about inside the office and food pantry to access file cabinets and office equipment
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as copy machine, postage machine and computer printer
- Occasionally move carts and 30-pound containers around various parts of the office or food pantry
How to apply: Email a cover letter and resume to Gayle Curcio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northfield Township is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.