Northfield Township provides voters’ registration service; appointments are not necessary.
To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old by Election Day
- A resident of your precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day
You also must display two pieces of identification. Neither needs to be a photo ID, but one must include your current address.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Illinois driver’s license
- Illinois State ID
- Employee or student ID
- Credit card
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill in applicant’s name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Valid U.S. passport
- Public Aid ID card
- Lease or rental contract
For more information about voter registration visit to www.cookcountyclerk.com.