Call the Township office at 847-724-8300 to schedule an appointment.
How to Apply for a Passport Book or Passport Card
You must apply in person at a local Passport Acceptance Facility
using application DS-11, if:
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- Your previous U.S. Passport was lost, stolen or damaged
- Your previous U.S. Passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your previous U.S. Passport was issued when you were under 16 years of age
You will renew through the mail using application DS-82 IF your most recent passport:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal wear and tear)
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or if you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order)
- Passport Book, age 16 and over: $110.00
- Passport Book, age 15 and under: $80.00
- Passport Card, age 16 and over: $30.00
- Passport Card, age 15 and under: $15.00
- Execution Fee: $35.00*as of April 2, 2018 (paid to Northfield Township)
Passport book and card fees must be paid by check.
The execution fee paid to Northfield Township can be paid by check, cash or credit card.
Passport Processing Times
Processing times are updated daily by the U.S. Department of State. Visit www.travel.state.gov for additional information about processing times and fees.
Need pictures for your passport application?
Northfield Township will take your passport pictures for $15.00. The fee goes towards services provided by the Township, so you will be helping your neighbors in need.
Northfield Township processes passport applications by appointment.
For additional information, questions about the application process and documentation or to make an appointment, contact Northfield Township at 847-724-8300 or visit www.travel.state.gov.